1. While giving flowers to someone, make sure that the stems are odd in number. Even flowers are given on funerals only.
2. Decline the second serving initially as it is considered polite but accept it after the host insists.
3. Be prepared for long business meetings when you are in Croatia, as time is not considered as a factor for closing meetings.
4. While introducing yourself, give your introduction to ladies before you give it to gents.
5. Do remember to add 10% to your bill as a tip. Although it's not expected, it is appreciated in Croatia.
6. Never ever decline the offer whenever food is offered to you, as it may sound rude to the host. Take a small portion to avoid the situation.
7. Do not drink water while eating seafood when you're in Croatia, as your host will not allow you to do so, so that you don't fall sick.
8. Do not use your thumb, index finger and middle finger for making a gesture of three, as this is not acceptable in Croatia. Use your index, middle and ring fingers instead.
9. Never start eating before your host finishes the prayer. It is often customary to pray before having a meal therefore, do wait for it to get over.
10. Never ever call Croatia 'Yugoslavia' or a part of it, as it is considered highly insulting there due to their past.