How to Delete a Messenger Account on Android?
Facebook Messenger was a major Facebook initiative, to launch a brand-new application that is only used to share messages with friends on Facebook. However, it did not gain popularity, as the idea behind it did not make it attractive, because people have to download a different application to chat with their Facebook friends. As before, users scrolled through the feed and can chat along with it, but now they have to switch screens. Another factor is that every time a message arrives, a notification will appear on the screen of the phone which seems to be a distraction from work. As a result, many Facebook users wanted to know how to log out of Facebook on android or the process to delete a messenger account.
It is also important to bring to your notice that you cannot delete messenger without deleting your Facebook account. Now, it is up to you what you want to do. Below are listed both the process to delete the Facebook account and the messenger.
Delete Facebook Account
- First, you have to log in to your Facebook account.
- There, click on the arrow present at the top-right corner of the home page of your account.
- Click on the “Settings and Privacy” option.
- Within it, click on “Settings”.
- Click on Your Facebook Information link, present in the left sidebar.
- Select the option to Deactivate and Delete Facebook account.
- Click on the “Continue to Account Deactivation” link and follow the onscreen instructions to confirm the action.
Deactivating Messenger from Android Phone
- These are the steps by which you come to know how to delete messenger from your phone:
- Open Facebook Messenger app on your device.
- There, tap on your profile picture, present at the top of the screen.
- Visit the “Legal and Policies” page.
- There, tap on the “Deactivate Messenger” option.
- Tap on “Deactivate” to confirm the deletion.