Business and Finance
QuickBooks Error 6123: What is it and How to Rectify it
QuickBooks stands as the top choice of thousands of businesses worldwide when it comes to accounting and financing software. With the help of QuickBooks, businesses can take care of regular finances and accounting, inventory management, payroll, and more, hence ensuring smooth functioning. The interesting point about QuickBooks is that Intuit launches every year a new version of it with improved functionality and more latest features. Even though QuickBooks is pretty advanced and advantageous to use, it is not free from errors and bugs. In this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks error 6123, which falls under the category of the 6XXX series and usually takes place when a user tries to open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. There can be numerous reasons causing such a company file that we intend to explain to you alongside the solutions through this post.
The following error message shows up on the computer screen with the error prompt:
“We’re sorry, QuickBooks can’t open your company file.”
What can be the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 6123?
QuickBooks error code 6123 generally occurs when any program files of QuickBooks Desktop either get damaged or corrupted. However, there can be other reasons, like the ones we have mentioned below:
• There are some complications with the company file itself.
What needs to be done to rectify QuickBooks error 6123?
Solution 1) Run the Quick Fix my Program tool to fix the program files of QuickBooks Desktop
• From Intuit’s website, download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (220.127.116.11) on the computer.
• Select the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and start installing it by following the on-screen instructions.
• Give consent to terms and conditions to finish installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
• Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon.
• Click on the Program Problems tab located at the left panel of the window.
• Under Fix My Program, click on the Quick Fix my Program button and let the tool run.
• Once the tool is done repairing the program files, try to open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2) Fix the complications with the company file using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
• Double-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
• From the left panel, choose the Company File Issues tab.
• Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button and then choose the Browse and search option to select the company file.
Note: Generally, the company files are located in the QuickBooks folder that you can open by navigating to the following path: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
• After selecting the company file, click on the Check your file option, and then hit the Continue button.
• When prompted, type the admin password of QuickBooks and then click on the Next button.
If you are unable to get rid of QuickBooks error 6123 even after going through both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the above, then there are high chances that the company file is completely damaged or corrupted. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to restore a backup copy of the company file in QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this fixes the error or not. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance to rectify the company file error from our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.