Business and Finance
QuickBooks keeps Crashing? Let’s Deal with It
QuickBooks is an extrinsic accounting application that performs several bookkeeping tasks, all at once. Yet, there are some situations where the software might incur technical glitches without any specific reasons. Many users have reported an error where their QuickBooks keeps Crashing, which results in a disturbance in their daily operations. We will now look at some familiar causes and practical solutions to remove this error from your device.
If you are uncomfortable following the instructions below, we advise you to contact our experts for step-by-step human assistance. Get in touch at 1-855-856-0042.
Causes for QuickBooks keeps Crashing
1. A damaged system hard drive.
2. Corrupted QuickBooks file.
3. When company name is too big.
4. Damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
Solutions for QuickBooks keeps Crashing
Listed below are some tried and tested troubleshooting techniques that will help you resume your QuickBooks operations-
Troubleshooting Method 1: Reboot your system and QuickBooks application
1. Close QuickBooks.
2. Press the Windows icon.
3. In the search space, type Task Manager.
4. Hit Enter.
5. Click on the Task Manager button.
6. From the list, choose QuickBooks.
7. Tap on the End Task button.
8. The task will be terminated immediately.
9. Now, reboot your computer.
10. Access QuickBooks to check if the issue is resolved.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Run QuickBooks System Repair Tool
You can download the Repair Tool separately from Intuit website and run it on your computer. Or you can also use the in-built Repair Tool from QuickBooks application. Here is how-
1. Open QuickBooks.
2. Do not access the company file.
3. Click on File.
4. Select the Utilities button.
5. Now, choose Repair File and Network Problem.
6. The following window will prompt you to open the company file.
7. Click on Show Advanced Settings.
8. Select the appropriate repair option.
9. Use your login credentials to authorize the scan.
10. Hit Next.
11. Let the scan complete.
12. Access your company file in QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Method 3: Alter the QBWUSER.INI file
1. Navigate to the QuickBooks file folder.
2. Right-click on the .INI file.
3. Select Rename.
4. Now, add .OLD to the name. It should look like QBWUSER.INI.OLD.
5. Also, rename the .ECML files, if any.
6. This will erase all previous junk data and refresh it to function smoothly.
Troubleshooting Method 4: Run QuickBooks as Administrator
1. Locate the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
2. Right-click on the icon.
3. Choose Run as Administrator.
4. On the following permission window, click Yes.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Update QuickBooks.
We shall now conclude our blog on the error where QuickBooks Keeps Crashing. Do give all these methods a try, and if they don’t turn out to be fruitful, it is best to contact 1-855-856-0042. There you can consult an accounting expert to resolve this issue right away.