Business and Finance
Your All in One Guide to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222
Downloading updates of any application requires several authentication stages, and if the authentication fails at any stage, you get errors. The download process also requires an uninterrupted internet connection in lack of with the application fails to download the updates. The same happens with QuickBooks, and it gets error 15222 while downloading the latest application or payroll updates. There are only a few reasons why this happens in QuickBooks, and you will get all that info further in this article, along with the solutions to resolve the issue. Stick to this article until the end if you want to be a pro at troubleshooting QuickBooks error 15222.
Old newcomers often deal with issues while troubleshooting the issues in QuickBooks, and users can reach QuickBooks support for help at 1.800.579.0391 if required
Possible Reasons for the Occurrence of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15222
Here are some of the possible reasons you can’t download QuickBooks or payroll updates because of error code 15222.
1. If the digital signature certificate of your QuickBooks Desktop application is missing or corrupted.
2. In case Windows does not has Internet Explorer set as the default browser.
3. Windows security programs like antivirus, anti-malware, or adware can impose restrictions on QuickBooks from downloading the updates.
As you have now figured out what could possibly trigger error 15222 in QuickBooks, let’s quickly jump to the next section, where you will find out ways to resolve the issue with some most straightforward solutions.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 15240
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15222
Solution 1: Update/Install Digital Signature Certificate for your QuickBooks Desktop Program
1. Exit QuickBooks Desktop if it is running and right-click its icon on the desktop.
2. Select Open File Location and right-click the QBW32.exe file.
3. Select Properties and go to the Digital Signature tab.
4. Now make sure you have Intuit, Inc. selected in the list and select Details.
5. Click the View Certificate option in the Digital Signature Certificate section.
6. Hit the Install Certificate option in the Certificate window and click the Next key until the Finish option is displayed.
7. Finally, hit the Finish option and restart your Windows.
Solution 2: Make Internet Explorer the Default Browser on your Windows PC
1. Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools option on the top-right.
2. Click Internet Options and go to the Program tab and select the Make Default option.
3. Rerun QuickBooks and check if you can download the payroll updates now.
Solution 3: Mark QuickBooks and its Domains as Safe in the Security Program you are Using
If you have installed any security program like antivirus or anti-malware, go to its settings and add qbw32.exe, qbupdate.exe as safe processes, and payroll.com, Intuit.com, and QuickBooks.com as secure websites. You must also do the same if you do not have any third-party program, but you use Windows Firewall as your security program.
Once all the troubleshooting procedures mentioned above are followed, you will not get QuickBooks error 15222 while downloading the updates. In case if you are stuck with one or more solutions mentioned in this article and need help from experts, dial 1.800.579.0391 and contact QuickBooks Desktop technical support team now.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 1603