1. Interacting with locals specially in English or Urdu makes a healthy impact. Try to do that, if you know any of these languages.
2. Wear a full body covering clothes. Due to Islamic belief, covered clothing is considered appropriate.
3. Try not to honk at pedestrians or other cars, as it is seen as a very bad action in Brunei.
4. Make sure not to talk openly about 'Sultan' when you're in Brunei, as it hurts sentimental values.
5. While the royal family passes, it's courteous to move to the left side of the road and stop.
6. Telephonic communication about the rebellion is also a taboo. Don't do it while you're having a chit chat.
7. Due to the conservative nature of the kingdom, while seeing the king, waving your hands out wide is a no no.
8. Do not forget to respect Haji's on the road, as this is seen as a great tribute!
9. Never use your index finger for pointing at someone, use your thumb instead, when you're in Brunei.
10. Handshake in Brunei is done by lightly touching the hands and pulling it to the chest, but only for the same sex, therefore, don't feel uncomfortable if anyone does so.